Sunday, September 12, 2010

Steppin Out to fight Diabetes

I just had the most amazing Sunday morning. I had decided to participate in the local Step out to Fight Diabetes walk. It was a charity fitness walk to raise money to fight Diabetes. And since it is a disease that has effected my family and many close friends in many ways I thought what better way to give back and help by giving my time to walk and help raise money.

This was a great walk, and you had a choice to walk either 3 miles or 6 miles and I had never done a 6 mile walk so I wanted to challenge myself to see if I could do it. And I did it! We had started the walk at 9:30am and I crossed the finish line at exactly 11am. So that was 6 miles in an hour and 30 minutes. I will admit that my feet and my hips felt sore as I was nearing the end of the course but it is amazing feeling and I don't feel tired. Actually the opposite. Energized!!!

So now I am looking forward to my next adventure which is to do Portlands Race for the Cure which is next Sunday. Probably wont be able to finish as quickly but it will still be fun. And I get to do it with a group of friends from work so that will be great.

With all this fun fitness between now and next Sunday I am anxious to see what will happen this week when I go to weigh in. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment