Sunday, September 19, 2010

Race for the Cure...

This morning I got to be a part of Portland’s Race for the Cure. We finished in exactly 90 minutes. It was a good day because we got lucky that it stayed dry until just after we finished. Although some did get wet. Our Race was actually pretty awe inspiring because Portland is the largest Race for the Cure per capita. And we are the third largest race in the world. It’s such an amazing thing to know that we could be a part of something so big. And that so many people at one time would be able to come together to help fight breast cancer. And there were so many from the very young, like my co-worker’s son who was only 5 months old, to many in their late nineties. Truly inspiring

So this was a great way to spend my morning doing something that makes a difference as well as continuing to do something that helps me to remain strong and healthy and lose weight. I will definitely do it again next year. Makes me want to do more fitness events. In fact I am thinking about joining the local Road runners club. Being fit and healthy now feels pretty amazing. So why would I want to stop now?

No comments:

Post a Comment