Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A new Adventure that was Fun....

Today was a fun and exhilarating day. I took my Niece Ashlynn and her best friend Mackenzie with me and we went Hiking. We Hiked to the top of a 614 foot waterfall. And in 90 degree weather. But even though it was quite a hike to the top. And I had to stop several times to catch my breath. It was a lot of fun. And I am really proud of myself. Because even 6 months ago, I would not have been able to do it. So I know that losing nearly 50 pounds. And eating a healthier diet, with regular exercise has helped tremendously to improve my stamina and overall health. We even talked about finding other places to hike. And I think the girls might even go with me to do the Diabetes walk on September 12th. It is so much fun to be active now. And the more things I try and do makes me just want to do more. Which is such an incredible feeling when you consider that at one time the MS had effected my legs so much that I could barely walk. And was even close to being in a wheelchair. And now I am hiking mountains. Who would have thought!




 It really was a lot of fun. I highly recommend getting out and trying new things that you maybe hadn’t done before. Because you never know you might finding something new to add to your own fitness adventures.


Looking over from the top of the Falls
Mackenzie & Ashlynn as we neared
the top of the falls.


Enjoying the water before we hiked back
down

No comments:

Post a Comment