Monday, August 16, 2010

Begining to Realize.....

Last night I went to see the movie Eat, Pray, Love with my mom. I loved it! It really hit home for me. It made me a bit emotional too, because I think I am realizing that this journey that I am on is not just about losing weight. It's about finding myself again. It's finding balance in all aspects of my life. Which in turn is helping me to be that healthier, stronger person that I have longed to be.

When I started my plan through Metabolic to lose the weight they mentioned that it is not just about losing weight. It's healing the whole person from the inside out. And now I can see that is true. I think that it comes back the the fact that for me, I finally am listening to God with my whole heart and believing that I am a worthwhile person who derserves to be happy, and healthy and living the best life possible. And this time I am going to succeed at keeping the weight off because it's a matter of keeping all aspects of my life in balance and as long as that is happening everything else just will fall into place.

One of the biggest things that I think has helped me in being successful this time in losing the weight is the fact that I realized that I am the one that needed to start loving myself and taking control of my health. I for so long have hated being fat, and hated being unhealthy, and I would blame it on so many things instead of owning up to it that I needed to change the things that I hated. And I needed to stop blaming others and outside factors for my weight and health issues. I am the only person that can change how I feel and look. So that’s what I did. And I will never look back. That unhappy, unhealthy woman is gone for good this time.

So for me this is what is giving me the motivation and the strong will power to keep working hard and keep losing the weight and keep getting strong and healthy, so that I will not have the serious health issues hanging over my head anymore. And I can continue to enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment