Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Having a blast...

Tonight I decided to hit the gym to blow off some steam and to kinda challenge myself again to see what I could accomplish. Well I am happy and excited to report that I was able to do a 20 minute run. I have been trying to increase my overall pace and endurance so that I could give running a try again. After having to back off on running for a few months because of a muscle injury, I have been slowly working at getting my endurance and strength back up. And I am so happy that I could do the 20 minutes.

So who knows maybe I really will be able to make my goal of being able to actually run a 5k in the next few months. More than anything its a blast to be able to keep changing things up and finding more and different ways to be a more fit and active person. So we'll see what kind of progress I can make in the coming weeks and months. It would be so cool if I can run one of the ORRC events in the coming months. I think joining the Oregon Road Runners club was a great idea because it is helping me to keep my motivation strong to keep on this new journey of a healthier, leaner, more fit lifestyle.

Going to bed now a peaceful , centered and happy lady.....giggles

No comments:

Post a Comment