Sunday, October 17, 2010

Continuing my fitness adventure.....

Yesterday I had another new adventure on this fitness journey. And it was a lot of fun! Recently I decided to join the Oregon Road Runners club as a way of continuing to be as active as possible. Because throughout the entire year they often have fitness running and walking events to promote fitness and a healthy lifestyle.

So yesterday I participated in the 36th annual Blue Lake Run/Walk. I did it to try to challenge myself and see if I could be in the top 6 female walkers. And to see how quickly I could do the 5k. I was 6th. And I finished at just 44 minutes. Not too bad! Especially considering that I was fighting a bad cold too.

It was a gorgious course. And we got so lucky the sun came out and it was dry, a little cold at the start but it was a truly gorgeous day. And it was a lot of fun because a new friend that I had met, Chris came to hang out with me and cheer and support me at the race and then after, we got to visit the Vista House and then went to have a really nice lunch and just spend time chatting. Chris has been very supportive of my journey and that feels really nice to know someone that has been going through the same things too. So we were motivating to each other I think....giggles.

This new part of my life, living the healthiest, fittest life possible has really got me thinking what more can I do to help and support and encourage others? And Chris gave me a great idea. I am going to look into being a Personal Trainer, focusing on fitness and nutrition. I think that it will be a great way to help others who have struggled with weight and also have had health issues related to weight to show that it really is possible to change their lifestyle and reverse the health effects and live the best healthiest life possible. So in the next few months I am going to look into starting the process and going to school to be a trainer. Because I really want to help others, and what better way then to help teach what I have learned so that everyone can live the best life possible. If I can change my life around like I have over the past several months anyone can.

No comments:

Post a Comment