Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Progress that feels truly amazing to me....

This journey has been one that a year ago I never would have imagined possible. And it feels truly amazing to me. To be at a point in my life where serious health issues are no longer hanging over my head. I have been able to overcome the risk of heart attack, stroke, diabetes, and to even turn things so completely around to where the multiple sclerosis is no longer an issue, and it may never be an issue again. If there is anything that keeps my motivation to lose the weight and live the healthiest life possible. Its just that! To never have problems with MS.

Looking back now, I realize that even though I was managing the MS as best as I possibly could and was trying so hard to not let it take control of my life. That it had. It was controlling me by not letting me live life to the fullest. And once I realized that I had to take control of my health and my life. It was no longer an issue.

As I have been on my weight loss journey so far this year. I have been able to do things that in that past I never thought would be possible. And it is because I have chosen to step outside of my comfort zone and do things that I hadn't tried before. And that is a really incredible feeling.

I am running now! That is something I never thought I would do. And you know the really amazing thing for me has been the incredible feeling I get from running. And that I have had no pain, no muscle spasms. A little achiness but  you get that when you know you have had a good workout. I have really enjoyed this new part of my fitness journey. And it just drives my passion and desire to live the best life possible. Besides it just makes me want to continue to step things up and drive my weightloss efforts even more. I am going to get to my next goal and drive even more to reach my goal weight. Which isn't all that far away now.

I am really excited to see what the new year will bring. Because life is now truly amazing and just keeps getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment