Thursday, December 30, 2010

A new year and more new beginnings

This past year and especially the past 8 months has been such an amazing journey for me. I never could have imagined that I would finally get it and make the lifestyle changes needed to take control of my weight once and for all. But I have. By changing to a much cleaner and healtier eating plan and getting regular exercise I have lost almost 65 pounds. And am well on my way to losing the rest of the weight that I have let myself get burdened with over a large part of my adult life.

I am excited for the new year because I have been able to accomplish so much already and there are so many things to look forward to. One of them being that on new years eve I am going on my first real date in almost 2 years. And it is with a really incredible man who is so sweet and kind and caring. I am excited and nervous and giddy all at the same time. And I think that the most amazing part is that even with knowing my weight struggles and how I had battled MS. This person doesn't care about those things, he wants to know me for who I am inside, He wants to know and find out more about what is in my heart. Nothing else matters to him. God brings people into are lives for specfic reasons and I feel so deeply blessed to be starting another new beginning in life. And I look forward to seeing where the new year will take us all.

Another new thing I am looking forward to is that I have been asked to help teach some motivational classes at Metabolic Research center to help share my weight loss journey and hopefully help to inspire others to live the best life possible themselves. So it's goodbye to 2010 and hello to 2011 and an amazing new chapter of what is a truly amazing journey already.

No comments:

Post a Comment